1 tbsp. oil
2 1/2 c. chickpea flour
2 c. warm water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 bunch of kale
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Rub 2 rimmed baking sheets with 1 Tbsp oil each.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2½ cups chickpea flour, 2 cups warm water, and 1 tsp each salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add 1 bunch kale (leaves torn) and fold into batter, coating each piece.
- Arrange kale on prepared pans in a single layer, flattening curled leaves, and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn each piece, rotate positions of pans, and bake until golden brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes more. (Makes 16 cups)
Mix It Up
For a li’l spice
Add 2 ½ Tbsp curry to batter
For somethin’ comforting
Add 2 tsp each cinnamon and ground cardamom to batter
For a slight tang
Add 1/4 cup nutritional yeast to batter + sprinkle 2 Tbsp over chips before baking