The genius of soups and smoothies is that you don’t need a lot of kitchen experience or equipment. But obviously, there’s one tool you can’t do without: a blender.
If you are looking for the best blender you can buy and you are not on a budget, the Vitamix 750 is for you. Here are some of its features.
- Manual speed control: A manual control lets you slowly increase the blender’s speed, which prevents the “tornado effect” that makes it tricky to blend smoothies evenly. When a blender goes immediately to high speed, it makes air bubbles inside the pitcher, preventing the liquids and frozen ingredients from mixing, which creates chunky smoothies.
- Large plastic pitcher: The 8-cup pitcher is helpful when adding frozen ingredients, as they can be large, and when blending large batches of soup.
- Tamper: This is a tool that helps to blend thick, dense ingredients. It is used to push food down into the Vitamix processing blades but does not come into contact with the blades.
- Multipronged blades: If you will be adding ice, frozen fruit, and other hard ingredients, you’ll want multipronged blades to crush and liquefy them.
Buy it: $600, amazon.com
If you want a quality blender for a reasonable price, then the Ninja Professional Blender is a great option. Features include:
- A powerful motor: The 1,000-watt motor is just about as powerful as those in some of the more expensive blenders.
- Sharp, unique blades: A unique stacked blade design helps this blender perform. The blade extends the length of the blender. It consists of three pairs of blades, staggered along a long stem. This design blends ingredients evenly.
- Large plastic 72-ounce pitcher with a pouring spout: This is great for blending big batches of soups or a few smoothie servings at one time.
- Performance: The Ninja Professional really keeps up with blenders that are four or five times its price, blending ice and frozen fruit easily.
Buy it: $83, amazon.com
For a very affordable blender that will do the job on a budget, this is a fantastic choice. Check out its qualities.
- Performance: The blender is very powerful and can puree, liquefy, blend, mix, chop, and crush ice.
- Good-size glass pitcher: The 40-ounce glass pitcher has a pour lid with a spout and dishwasher-safe parts.
- Unique function: The wave-action system forces foods and liquids down into the blades for a smoother result.
- Variety of functions: Settings include dice, stir, milkshake, chop, puree, smoothie, grind, crush ice, easy clean, mix, salsa, whip, grate, and icy drink.
Buy it: $34, amazon.com